SPICY FRIED FISH MASALA



yayyyy!! im visiting my aunt in Singapore! I desperately need the break....time to give  'little Aaliya' to my aunt and have some time to do my own things.
My daughter is more excited than me to see more faces than just the usual 'amma's ' and 'papa's ' face....
'The more the merrier".
The best part of this trip was that I have alot of time to work on my blog....FINALLY!
We stay in a rented appartment in kuala lumpur, malaysia at the moment.Probably will be moving soon. So we dont have any fancy stuff that i could use to plate my food so i can lovely pictures like my other fellow bloggers :(
So I am super excited that Im staying wit my aunt for the time being.


This recipe is from a book called 'The Food Of India". Made this dish for the first time and I must say that its a keeper. Its such a light and delicious dish.




INGREDIENTS:
 500 gms white fish cutlets
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
mustard oit for shallow frying
1 tsp black mustard seeds
2 green chillies, slit lengthwise
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 - 1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 cup plain yoghurt

for the masala:
2 onions, chopped
1 cm ginger, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tomato chopped


THE PROCESS:
Sprinkle the fish with turmeric powder and salt marinate for 5 mins.
Heat oil and fry the fish until golden. Remove , drain and set fish aside.
Remove all but 2 tbsp of oil from the pan.
     Blend the "masala" ingredients to a paste. In the oil remaining in the pan, saute the mustard seeds and chillied for 2 mins. Add the coriander, cumin and chilli powder as well as the 'masala" paste and saute until fragrant.
     Add yoghurt and cook until the oil starts to separate.Add fish and cook until tender.

Serve hot with rice or rotis.




1 comment:

Printfriendly