Im sure most of you already know this recipe....but..Im posting this on the request of my FAV cousin A. She lives in London and probably doesnt even know how to break an egg! ...sorry A. :)
Most of you probably know this recipe as the famous "French Toast". Well...you're almost right, minus the turmeric and add some cinnamon and vanilla.
2 tbsps sugar (or less)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
a pinch of salt
3 slices of bread
- In a wide bowl, beat the egg along with the sugar, milk, turmeric powder and salt
- whisk well until the sugar dissolves
- Heat a frying pan and add 1 tsp of oil.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture and soak for about half a minute and then place it on the pan on medium heat.
- toast each side until browned
- best eaten with lime pickle. But most of them call me crazy!!!!!!!!
- usually done with white bread. but Iv used multigrain bread and it doesnt make a big difference