GUAVA MINT COOLER

                       I had this huge guava staring back at me each time I opened the fridge door. I had asked my husband to buy me some papaya on the way back from work. He came back home with 2 HUGE guavas!!!?????? LOL....MEN!!!
                        Decided to blend it and make a nice refreshing drink out of it. Lemon was definitely in. Then I saw freshly squeezed orange juice in the fridge. wink! why not?? :)



INGREDIENTS:
2 cups guava, chopped
1 - 1 1/2 cups cold water
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsps orange juice
1 tbsp sugar (or as per taste)
2  tbsp mint leaves
a pinch of salt



PROCESS:
  • blend the guava, mint leaves and water till you can see no more lumps.
  • Strain it and reserve the juice
  • To the juice, add the lemon, orange juice. salt and sugar.
  • serve chilled

notes:
  • One mistake I made was not blending the mint leaves while making this drink. I simply added it to my drink. As a result I had mint leaves in my mouth each time I took a sip.
  • you can also add crushed ice while blending.

11 comments:

Printfriendly