CARROT AND CORIANDER SOUP

                           If you take a look at my recipe index, you can notice that I dont make too many soups at home. But since I have a tough time feeding my daughter her veggies I think soup is a good idea. Loved this carrot soup. The coriander leaves impart so much flavor to this dish..........slurrrrp!



This recipe makes just 1 bowl.

INGREDIENTS:
1 tbsp butter/ oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium carrot, chopped roughly
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/2 cube, chicken stock cube(you can use veg stock too)
1 cup water (approx)
 pepper to taste


PROCESS:
  • In a pressure cooker, melt the butter and saute the garlic.
  • Add the onion and saute till it softens.
  • Add the carrots and stir for a few minutes.
  • Add the coriander leaves and the cumin and pepper powder. stir further for 1 minute.
  • Add the chicken stock cube and enough water to cook the carrots.
  • pressure cook for about 3 whistles. 
  • check to see if the carrots are cooked and there should be little water left.
  • cool and then blend. enjoy your soup hot :)

8 comments:

  1. This is the best season to enjoy soup and it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farah would you be surprised if I'd say i make the same soup the same way :) i love this one, you atleast got 1 soup in the blog me nothing till now :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. yummy soup farah.. like its color..

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously i love this combo very much,my fav soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!.Delicious.

    I have given you the sunshine award.Check Details.

    http://asiyama.blogspot.com/2012/12/award-time.html

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly